- 10/03/2017Employee grants access to company information to third parties
- 09/12/2017OpenNebula Techday: September 19th at BIT
- 09/12/2017Research: Dutch not safe on internet
- 09/07/2017Employee grants access to company information to third parties
- 09/06/2017‘Ceph Day Netherlands’: September 20th at BIT
- 08/30/2017Report Network Maintenance 30/08/2017
- 07/19/2017Separate building for new emergency power generators
- 07/18/2017New webshop Kerio live: renewed and improved!
- 07/13/2017More than a third of employees disagrees with 'tapping' law
- 07/12/2017BIT provides SHA2017 transit and 5 km UTP
- 06/20/2017360-tour through BIT data centers
- 06/13/2017WANTED: Multiple Software Developers (M/F)
- 05/31/2017Visit the BIT data centers on Tuesday June 13th!
- 05/15/2017Practical Tips & Tools during Safe Internet Bootcamp
- 05/01/2017RFO network incident April 28th
- 04/22/2017Een Vandaag: PageFreezer archives climate data in BIT’s data centers
- 04/11/2017Employee does not feel responsible for security of corporate data
- 03/29/2017BIT organises Safe Internet Bootcamp
- 03/27/2017New expansions on the BIT Portal
- 03/22/2017World-Class Hybrid Solutions For Customers From New POP By Custom Connect And BIT Data Centers
- 02/07/2017Safer internet not a priority to youth
- 01/30/2017US climate data securely stored by PageFreezer in BIT data centers
- 01/25/2017A review in the BIT New Year’s Reception 2017
- 01/23/2017BIT sponsors ISP Blacklist with node EDE01
- 01/17/2017Nederland ICT and DINL organise event ‘Future skills for the digital economy’
News - OpenNebula Techday: September 19th at BIT
That thing with that cloud, can’t we do that ourselves? Of course! And it is a lot easier than you think. Does it sound too good to be true? During the OpenNebula Techday at BIT you can build your own cloud in a hands-on tutorial in just one morning. You learn how OpenNebula works and why it is the solution to work with yourself. No needless and hidden complexity, but clear scripts that can easily be debugged in case you do come across a hard challenge. To give you some inspiration, SURFsara and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam demonstrate how they use OpenNebula. One of the developers of the OpenNebula Systems will show you the newest features of the most recent 5.4 relase and how you can ‘cloudify’ a VMware environment. BIT will tell you why Ceph is the right choice for a cloud storage platform. If you want to know more about Ceph, you can also come to the BIT Ceph Day the day after.
Thanks to BIT and OpenNebula Systems will be free, including lunch and drinks. More information on the program can be found here and registration can be done here.
OpenNebula is a robust open source Cloud Management Platform (CPM). It stands out in its simplicity, flexibility and a no-nonsense approach. You can use it to manage virtual datacenters or build hybrid clouds. Both public cloud/local resources as a mix of different types of hypervisors (VMware, KVM, Xen).