- 22-11-17Many Dutch keep their password on paper or email
- 07-11-17BIT supports police in fight against cybercrime
- 29-10-17International Internet Day: Lack of knowledge phishing e-mail threat to businesses
- 19-10-17Open letter to Rutte to postpone 'tapping law' until after referendum
- 12-09-17OpenNebula Techday: September 19th at BIT
- 12-09-17Research: Dutch not safe on internet
- 07-09-17Employee grants access to company information to third parties
- 06-09-17‘Ceph Day Netherlands’: September 20th at BIT
- 30-08-17Report Network Maintenance 30/08/2017
- 19-07-17Separate building for new emergency power generators
OpenNebula Techday: September 19th at BIT
That thing with that cloud, can’t we do that ourselves? Of course! And it is a lot easier than you think. Does it sound too good to be true? During the OpenNebula Techday at BIT you can build your own cloud in a hands-on tutorial in just one morning. You learn how OpenNebula works and why it is the solution to work with yourself. No needless and hidden complexity, but clear scripts that can easily be debugged in case you do come across a hard challenge. To give you some inspiration, SURFsara and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam demonstrate how they use OpenNebula. One of the developers of the OpenNebula Systems will show you the newest features of the most recent 5.4 relase and how you can ‘cloudify’ a VMware environment. BIT will tell you why Ceph is the right choice for a cloud storage platform. If you want to know more about Ceph, you can also come to the BIT Ceph Day the day after.
Thanks to BIT and OpenNebula Systems will be free, including lunch and drinks. More information on the program can be found here and registration can be done here.
OpenNebula is a robust open source Cloud Management Platform (CPM). It stands out in its simplicity, flexibility and a no-nonsense approach. You can use it to manage virtual datacenters or build hybrid clouds. Both public cloud/local resources as a mix of different types of hypervisors (VMware, KVM, Xen).