Since February 2016, corporate internet provider BIT has been NEN 7510 certified. This means that BIT meets the national legal requirements for health care facilities regarding information security.
The Dutch norm NEN 7510 describes the information security specifically for health care, where availability, integrity and reliability of patient data is crucial.
Kristian de Bruijn, Security Officer at BIT, sees this certification as a valuable addition. “Our relations often ask us whether we are also NEN 7510 certified, in addition to ISO 27001. A request that usually came from their clients in turn, and one we can now meet.”
NEN 7510 is closely related to ISO 27001, but is specifically intended for information security in the health care sector. With both of these certifications, we adhere to the highest standard of information security. In addition, this certification provides transparency, clarity and trust that we work according to the requested guidelines.
BIT is, next to ISO/IEC 27001:2013, also NEN 7510:2011 certified for the following services:
- Datacenter services on both locations in Ede (ISP service provision) like: domain registration, network infrastructure, internet access, webhosting, email and VoIP;
- Bespoke advice and technical management that connects to the services mentioned above;
- The provision of hardware and software.
The benefits of an NEN 7510 certification:
- BIT now meets national legal requirements for health care facilities regarding information security;
- More knowledge on security risks;
- Information security in accordance with the legal requirements around patient data.
Would you like more information on our certifications? Please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
or +31 (0)318 648 688.