BIT is looking for a passionate Linux allrounder.
We are looking for a Linux Engineer
We are looking for a Real One. With capital letters. One that know how to adjust boot parameters in GRUB and can maybe even mention a relevant RFC every now and then. One that keeps a personal record for ‘most pipes in a shell command’ and automates all annoying little tasks with tools and languages like shellscript, Python, PHP and Perl.
One who does not fear to use SysRq and know how to interpret a kernel trace.
One that breathes GNA. One that lives Linux.
For a spot at BIT as a UNIX Engineer
In a team of likeminded people, you will help develop, maintain and manage both BIT’s systems and our client’s systems. You fulfil a supporting role in case of technical questions our clients might have and help the Customer Care and Sales department in finding technical solutions and advise BIT’s clients with their projects.
What we expect from you:
To be able to oversee a project and make well-considered decisions;
- A ‘Free and Open Source Software’-mentality;
- Thorough knowledge of Linux debugging, /proc & /sys;
- Thorough knowledge of userland tools and ‘the standard applications’;
- Thorough knowledge of networks and routing on Linux;
- Driven automator in languages like shellscript, Python, PHP and/or Perl;
- Willingness to take flexible stand-by hours.
If you are also familiar with and are interested in the following subjects, you have an advantage over other applicants:
- Packaginssystems from Debian & Ubuntu and/or RedHat & CentOS;
- (Open source) storage-solutions like CEPH;
- Virtualisation (QEMU/KVM, VMWare..) & Containers (LXC, nspawn, docker..);
- Configuration management (CFengine, Ansible, Puppet..);
- Secretly also very handy with Windows environments.
We offer you:
- Various work full of challenges and opportunities to take up the newest developments;
- A collegial environment with space for personal input;
- pace to make optimal use of your professional qualities and develop further;
- A market-based salary;
- Influence in decision-making;
- Good working conditions like:
- Pension construction provided and paid for by BIT.
- Unlimited access to our fitness room.
- Placement of a personal server in BIT’s data center.
- Tasty and healthy (organic) lunch.
- Nice Friday afternoon drinks with colleagues in our own bar!
Who are we?
BIT is a corporate internet service provider specialised in collocation, internet connections, managed hosting and outsourcing. We provide the IT and internet infrastructural backbone for quality conscious organisations.
Our clients are corporations, governments and institutions that want to manage their business in a safe, proper manner and with one party. Our office and our data centers are located in Ede.
Of course you are interested in this function! Send your application letter and CV to email@example.com! You can send your application to Sander Smeenk. It is a given that applications and CVs in the .docx format will not stand a good chance.
If you have any questions concerning the contents of the function, please contact us on +31 (0)318 648 688. Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated (really!).