- 04-10-18Unexpected failover loadbalancers
- 28-09-18DDoS targeted at a BIT customer
- 19-09-18Brief interruption internet access
- 17-09-18DDoS targeted at a customer
- 12-09-18Shared storage temporarily slow requests
- 07-09-18BGP interruptions NL-ix
- 04-09-18Less redundancy shared hosting
- 14-08-18Disturbance incoming telephony
- 02-08-18Limited network interruption leaf switch 1 BIT-2C
- 24-07-18Fixed: Short minor temperature increase in BIT-2B and BIT-2C
BIT stands for openness and honesty. Incidents are always reported on our website and not hidden behind a customer login. We are open about the cause of faults. Everyone can know what went wrong and why. Below you can find current faults and their status.
Incidents will be reported via our website. You can also subcribe to our RSS Feed.
If this website is not accessible due to a malfunction, we will inform you via www.bit.org. You can also subscribe to the RSS Feed for this site.
There are no ongoing incidents at this moment
Would you like to know more about incidents?
Please feel free to contact us: +31 (0)318 648 688 or email@example.com
*This number is available 24 hours a day for reporting faults and during office hours for other matters. If our overall number, +31 (0)318 648 688, cannot be reached due to a fault, please contact us at our emergency number +31 (0)26 372 4617. This number is available 24 hours a day as well.