- 03-09-20Dashboards voor load balancing en Jitsi beschikbaar in klantenportal
- 14-08-20Uitmarkt Ede | Online op vrijdag 28 augustus
- 11-08-20SLA Addendum Colocatie BIT-1 en BIT-2 gewijzigd
- 04-08-20BIT ondertekent intentieverklaring
- 30-06-20Aangepaste richtlijnen bij bezoek aan BIT
- 15-06-20Uw bijeenkomst of event organiseren in BIT-MeetMe
- 26-05-20Uptime datacenter BIT cruciaal voor kwaliteit van diensten Missing Piece
- 30-04-20Sensing Clues redt wilde dieren mede dankzij uptime datacenter BIT
- 09-04-20BIT host in twee weken meer dan 3.500 vergaderingen via meetme.bit.nl
- 20-03-20Aangepaste maatregelen BIT wegens coronavirus
Data center BIT reduces energy rate by 15%
Despite rising energy costs, still savings on electricity
Ede, 17 November 2016 - BIT, specialist in collocation, internet connections, managed hosting and outsourcing, announced that as of January 1st, their client's electricity prices will be lowered from 13 cents to 11 cents per kWh. This is a cost reduction of no less than 15 percent. Despite the rising energy costs in 2017, BIT has managed to secure this new kWh price. The new energy rate will be valid until December 31, 2019, thus making BIT one of the least expensive data centers in the Netherlands.
Corporate social responsibility is important at BIT. To stimulate the use of renewable energy, all of BIT's data centers run on green power only. Previously, we used hydro power, but with the new contract we opted for Dutch wind power.
BIT's average client uses 4.756,23 kWh every month. By lowering the energy rate to 11 cents per kWh, the monthly costs will go down from € 618,31 to € 523,18. That accumulates to an annual saving of more than € 1.100,- per client. For the entire data center, this means a saving of more than € 294.000,-. In addition to lower energy rates, BIT also means to decrease the power consumption. By using closed cold corridors, the cooled air is used as efficiently as possible and the other spaces in the building are heated with the residual heat from the data centers.