- 14-04-21Untangle haalt de complexiteit uit netwerkbeveiliging
- 03-03-21Vacature Netwerk Engineer
- 02-03-21Update RFO netwerk incident 17 februari 2021
- 18-02-21RFO netwerk incident
- 17-02-21Netwerk incident - www.bit.nl niet bereikbaar
- 22-01-21Avondklok: Datacenters 24/7 bereikbaar en remote hands en brains mogelijk
- 30-11-20Mond- en neusmasker vanaf 1 december bij BIT verplicht
- 08-10-20Dringend advies dragen van mond- en neusmasker binnen de datacenters van BIT
- 03-09-20Dashboards voor load balancing en Jitsi beschikbaar in klantenportal
- 14-08-20Uitmarkt Ede | Online op vrijdag 28 augustus
BIT organises Safe Internet Bootcamp
Wednesday May 10, 2017 – BIT-MeetMe in Ede
On Wednesday May 10, 2017, BIT is organising a Safe Internet Bootcamp. The programme starts at 14.30 and ends at 17.40 with a networking reception with drinks and bites.
How safe are your employees online?
Research shows that employees’ knowledge on safety on the internet is often lacking. The numbers do not lie, because more than half (52%) considers themselves the weakest link in the security of the working computer and confidential data!
Not just an employee’s conscious and responsible acting is of importance, but also the organisations that offer services on the internet need to take measures to ensure the privacy of the users. Do we know how privacy should be protected with all this data being made public? It is a nightmare for organisations to have confidential and personal information out in the open.
So it is high time to get your organisation in shape and raise awareness for safe, free and open internet while ensuring privacy!
The Safe Internet Bootcamps is interesting for IT managers and professionals. The most important goal is to share knowledge on privacy and security and to give advice on the steps that should be taken to have employees use the internet in a safer way. How aware are your colleagues? Do they know the dangers and consequences for your organisation?
Some of the topics:
- How do you promote safe use of the internet within your organisation?
- Digitisation Dilemma: who is responsible?
- Insider threats; how to guard against them?
- How do you share sensitive data with clients and colleagues?
6716 BP Ede
Hans van de Looy is co-founder of Madison Gurkha. He helps organisations to set up their security and keep it up-to-date, but mostly in testing that security.
Rejo Zenger is a civil engineering researcher at Bits of Freedom. Bits of Freedom is a fully independent foundation that stands up for civilian freedom and privacy on the internet.
Wido Potters is Manager Customer Care & Sales at BIT. Wido has worked in the internet sector and at BIT since 2006. Wido is also the chair of the foundation AbuseIO.
Teun Vink is Security Officer at BIT. Teun is responsible for information security and BIT’s ISO27001 and NEN7510 certifications.