- 30-06-20Aangepaste richtlijnen bij bezoek aan BIT
- 15-06-20Uw bijeenkomst of event organiseren in BIT-MeetMe
- 26-05-20Uptime datacenter BIT cruciaal voor kwaliteit van diensten Missing Piece
- 30-04-20Sensing Clues redt wilde dieren mede dankzij uptime datacenter BIT
- 09-04-20BIT host in twee weken meer dan 3.500 vergaderingen via meetme.bit.nl
- 20-03-20Aangepaste maatregelen BIT wegens coronavirus
- 20-03-20Conference call? Gebruik de (gratis) videoconferencetool meetme.bit.nl
- 18-03-20LomboXnet profiteert van extra bandbreedte BIT
- 13-03-20Maatregelen bij BIT in verband met Coronavirus
- 12-03-20Kosteloos dubbele bandbreedte voor klanten van BIT
Majority banks do not or not sufficiently secure online data transport
Not one single bank has optimal setup website security
Ede, February 12, 2019 – Over half (52%) of the Dutch banks does not have its TLS configuration in order. TLS (Transport Layer Security), previously called SSL, is the security protocol that secures the communication between websites and their users. During communication on the internet, this protocol can be recognised by the use of HTTPS (HyperText Tranfer Protocol Secure). Part of the organisations does offer HTTPS, but has not fully configured it. This is one of the results of research performed by data center BIT into the use of security standards by different websites. The data center checked 23 Dutch bank websites for this study.
Websites banking system not optimally secured
Alex Bik, CTO at BIT: “Even though there is no need for alarm bells, I cannot begin to understand why banks, of all institutions, do not have the security of their websites a hundred percent in order. There is no excuse to not have TLS set up completely; the missing measures are exceptionally easy to implement. The use of Google Analytics is shocking to me. The banks in question are selling their client’s privacy in a way to get marketing statistics, without providing the proper notifications.”
Visit Internetschoon.nu for stepping stones to contributing to a safe and clean internet.