- 22-03-23Just Enter IT: Word jij onze nieuwe Support Engineer?
- 17-03-23BIT-2A upgrade: Nieuwe koelmachines
- 30-12-22Wijziging stroomtarieven en portal updates
- 25-11-22BIT Friday
- 21-09-22BIT levert restwarmte aan Warmtebedrijf Ede
- 14-09-22Ruim helft organisaties kijkt naar duurzaamheid in keuze voor datacenter of cloudprovider
- 17-08-22Grand Prix Radio kiest voor betrouwbare hosting van radio-automatisering bij datacenter BIT
- 10-08-22Helft IT-beslissers gaat bij keuze voor nieuwe cloudleverancier voor grote naam
- 21-07-22Ruim een derde van IT-beslissers wil overstap maken naar Europees cloudplatform
- 30-06-22Eén op de vijf IT-beslissers heeft weinig vertrouwen in databescherming en privacy in de cloud
Free double bandwidth for BIT clients
Large amount of home workers puts extra pressure on network
BIT is providing its clients with free double bandwidth. We are proactively taking this measure due to the large number of people that have to work from home due to COVID-19. Because many people are working from home now, the internet connections are put under greater pressure and organisations are coming across bandwidth limitations. A doubling of bandwidth ensures that IT applications hosted from BIT’s data centers, like CRM systems and remote workplaces, will stay available for our clients.
Wido Potters, Manager Sales & Support at BIT: “Where technically possible, we are doubling the bandwidth for our clients, at least until May 1st 2020. With this measure, we ensure that our clients can work remotely on a large scale. This way, we want to contribute to preventing or at least limiting the social consequences of COVID-19.”
One of our clients, the municipality of Tiel, is already benefitting from this measure. Sibrand van Minnen, Network System Administrator at the municipality: “Following the COVID-19 outbreak, we investigated whether our network can support the large numbers of home workers. We soon found that the bandwidth would be one of the bottlenecks. That is why we contacted BIT to inquire about the possibilities. BIT said they could double the bandwidth and would list the costs for us. After a few minutes, I was called back with the message that BIT would do this free of charge. This is why we are so content with BIT as a partner: most challenges can be solved with a single phone call.”
Want to know more?
If you want to know more about the extra bandwidth we are offering our clients, please contact us on email@example.com or +31 318 648 688