- 23-07-21DDoS aanvallen naar BIT infra
- 25-06-21Mond- en neusmasker niet meer verplicht bij BIT
- 14-04-21Untangle haalt de complexiteit uit netwerkbeveiliging
- 03-03-21Vacature Netwerk Engineer
- 02-03-21Update RFO netwerk incident 17 februari 2021
- 18-02-21RFO netwerk incident
- 17-02-21Netwerk incident - www.bit.nl niet bereikbaar
- 22-01-21Avondklok: Datacenters 24/7 bereikbaar en remote hands en brains mogelijk
- 30-11-20Mond- en neusmasker vanaf 1 december bij BIT verplicht
- 08-10-20Dringend advies dragen van mond- en neusmasker binnen de datacenters van BIT
Vacancy Network Engineer
This vacancy has now been filled.
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer
BIT’s Network Operations Center (NOC) consists of a group of engineers who make sure BIT’s network can perform optimally. This network consists of points of presence in a number of Amsterdam based data centers, in Frankfurt, London and, of course, our own data centers in Ede.
Because BIT’s network keeps expanding, we want to add an experienced Network Engineer to our team. You will be responsible for:
- updating and improving our network;
- maintaining and monitoring the network;
- troubleshoot malfunctions;
- advising and providing technical support to our clients.
The NOC is also responsible for making sure the network and its services are ready for the future. Among other things, this means developing new services and tools for support, visualisation and automation, but also continuously improving the design or our network. In addition we design, build and maintain high-quality set-ups for our clients, where we use a lot of customisation to get to the best solution. Because not all adjustments can be executed during the day, just like maintenance, we incidentally do some work outside the office hours.
We enjoy working with equipment from Juniper, Arista, MRV and F5, but names like Cisco, Unifi, Extreme and Fortinet are also common in our work. To make our jobs a little easier, we try to automate things as much as possible with Ansible and Python. Other tools we use a lot are Git, Observium and Grafana. If possible, we like to use open source tools and solutions.
What is in it for you?
Of course, we want you to be able to do your work as good as possible in a pleasant environment. At BIT we give you the space to really do your work your own way, we offer you an inspiring location to work, but also:
- varied work full of challenges and changes to work with the newest developments;
- flexible working hours;
- the ability to work from home;
- part-time work is possible;
- collegial atmosphere with room for personal input;
- room to use and develop your professional qualities;
- competitive salary;
- influence in decision making;
- a tasty and healthy (organic) lunch;
- 30 vacation days (based on a 40 hour week);
- friday afternoon drinks with coworkers in our own bar;
- we pay for your pension;
- free sports facilities;
- monthly chair massages;
- the possibility to place your own server in our data center or the use of a virtual machine.
Want to join our team?
Please send your letter of application and cv to email@example.com. Address your application to Teun Vink.