- 17-12-21Wij werken gewoon thuis door
- 05-11-21Mond- en neusmasker vanaf 6 november bij BIT verplicht
- 14-10-21Nationale Datacenter Dag 9 november 2021
- 12-10-21Plaatsing nieuwe drycooler voor BIT-2A
- 03-08-21Wegwerkzaamheden BIT-2 van 16 aug tot en met 25 sep
- 23-07-21DDoS aanvallen naar BIT infra
- 25-06-21Mond- en neusmasker niet meer verplicht bij BIT
- 14-04-21Untangle haalt de complexiteit uit netwerkbeveiliging
- 03-03-21Vacature Netwerk Engineer
- 02-03-21Update RFO netwerk incident 17 februari 2021
BIT ends saving and removed data of retention law
In a preliminary injunction that BIT with other companies and NGO's started against the Dutch state, the judge has ruled that the Data Retention Law will be removed immediately. As a consequence of this ruling BIT has ended saving the data is was obliged to do so under the law. Furthermore the already saved data has been removed last week.
BIT was obliged to save the timestamp, duration and IP-adres(ses) in use for every internet session of its DSL-, UMTS- and dialup customers. From email customers timestamp of sending and reading of emails and the to- and from-address in every email had to be saved. All these logs had to be stored for six months. Obviously BIT is very pleased with the court ruling.