- 10-07-19BIT genomineerd voor IaaS-/PaaS-leverancier van het Jaar
- 21-05-19Klantcase Aangetekend Mailen
- 09-05-19BIT verhoogt netwerkcapaciteit en -beschikbaarheid met nieuwe switches
- 08-05-19Nationale Datacenter Dag dinsdag 11 juni 2019
- 12-02-19Meerderheid banken heeft online gegevenstransport niet of onvoldoende beveiligd
- 23-01-19Medische wereld heeft onvoldoende aandacht voor privacy
- 29-12-18Hostingsector publiceert gedragscode abusebestrijding
- 28-12-18Update RFO netwerkstoring
- 24-12-18RFO netwerkstoring
- 13-12-18Reactie op aankondigingen Minister Grapperhaus over kinderporno
BIT wins first RegiStar Award
On the 16th of April, BIT won the very first RegiStar Award, an award for and from .NL registrars.
The issuing of domain names, like bit.nl, is organised centrally. There is a registry responsible for the issuance of domain names within every Top Level Domain (TLD), like .nl, .com and .eu. A select group of businesses, called registrars, registers domain names with these registries. They generally do this on behalf of a future user of the domain name in question. Such a future user is called a registrant.
The registry for .NL is the Foundation Internet Domain Registration Netherlands (SIDN). The registrars for .NL domain names have united in the Association of Registrars (VVR). On April 16 of this year, during her annual debate, the VVR organised an election which awarded a prize in three different categories.
In the category .NL Registrant, for a remarkable initiative with a .NL domain name, Coolblue.nl had been elected as a winner by the VVR members. In the category .NL Supporter, for a special initiative that has contributed a lot for the registrars, the joint DDOS solution of NBIP, NAWAS, has been chosen as a winner.
BIT was nominated in the category .NL Registrar, for the registrar that has meant a lot for the registrars. The motivation of the jury to nominate BIT for this award: "BIT is a technically very competent .nl registrar that stands out by placing the industry's interests above its own in many instances. In case of industry wide issues, like IPv6 and DNSsec, BIT has been a trailblazer. BIT manages to combine this with a good provision of services, very satisfied customers and a healthy growth."
After an exciting period in which all 1492 .NL registrars could vote, BIT had the honour to receive this award. We are grateful and proud of the appreciation that our colleagues expressed here.