- 30-06-22Eén op de vijf IT-beslissers heeft weinig vertrouwen in databescherming en privacy in de cloud
- 27-05-22Update RFO netwerk incident 17-04-2022
- 23-05-22Freedom of Information Coalition (FOIC) stapt naar de Europese rechter
- 04-05-22Drie op de tien IT-beslissers: beveiliging klantdata laat te wensen over
- 21-04-22Kwart IT-beslissers vindt aandacht voor privacy overdreven
- 19-04-22RFO Netwerk Incident 17-04-2022
- 07-04-22Locatie dataopslag niet in top drie argumenten voor keuze cloudprovider
- 09-03-22The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies migreert dataplatform naar BIT NL Cloud
- 22-02-22Vier op de tien IT-beslissers weten niet wat cloudprovider doet aan databeveiliging
- 21-02-22BIT-MeetMe weer volledig open
BIT heats new visitor centre with residual heat from datacenter
This month, BIT started building the visitor centre 'BIT-MeetMe'. The entire building will be heated with the residual heat from the datacenter. Only one floor of the datacenter is needed to heat the entire 1200 m2 floor surface of the new building. By using underfloor heating, the temperature of the water does not need to be very high, so it barely needs to be raised. BIT already uses outside air to cool its datacenters. The cooled air is efficiently used by closed cold corridors in the datacenter. By using the residual heat too, BIT is moving forward even more in their CSR policy.
In the new BIT-MeetMe, BIT will be organising various seminars, offer clients the possibility to have meetings and to allow end users to get to know our datacenters. The BIT headquarters and BIT-MeetMe will be connected by a high-level bridge.
Alex Bik, BIT's CTO, on the expansion: "Corporate Social Responsibility is completely integrated in the way we work. This is not only expressed in our use of green energy and residual heat, but also in our sustainable human resources policy. We have asked our entire staff what they would like to have incorporated in the design for BIT-MeetMe. Many of these ideas, including a gym, will actually be realised. This also ensures that our IT specialists like to keep working for us for a long time, which benefits both us and our clients. The new BIT-MeetMe will be a meeting place for employees, clients and end users where everything revolves around hospitality and sharing knowledge."
On January 8, 2016, BIT will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a festive opening of the new BIT-MeetMe. Save the date!
Watch the live stream of BIT building the future.