RESPONSIBLE DISCLOSURE BIT B.V. - VERSION 2018-12-31
At BIT, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability in one of our systems, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to cooperate with you to protect our clients and our systems better. This document is also available as a pdf file.
BIT’s infrastructure can be used by systems of third parties. These systems are often maintained by third parties. Vulnerabilities in third-party maintained systems are not part of the responsible disclosure policy. Systems with hostnames that contain vm.bit.nl, colo.bit.nl or customer.bit.nl are not part of this policy. Still you can report your findings for these systems. You agree up front that your report will be forwarded uncensored to the maintainer of the vulnerable system. The promises of BIT as described here under fall due however.
We request you to:
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or automated tools, such as vulnerability scanners.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data.
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved.
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com. Encrypt your findings using our PGP key (ID 9DCA4A97A80E77B1) to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
- Delete all data obtained while discovering or through exploiting this vulnerability.
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report.
- We will respond to your report within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem.
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission unless we are legally enforced to do so. Anonymous reporting is possible.
- Reporting under a pseudonym is possible.
- In public information concerning the problem reported - unless you desire otherwise - we will credit you by name as the discoverer of the problem.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
The above text is based on the work of Floor Terra as it is published on https://www.responsibledisclosure.nl/.
The changed text is published with the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.