- 14-04-21Untangle haalt de complexiteit uit netwerkbeveiliging
- 03-03-21Vacature Netwerk Engineer
- 02-03-21Update RFO netwerk incident 17 februari 2021
- 18-02-21RFO netwerk incident
- 17-02-21Netwerk incident - www.bit.nl niet bereikbaar
- 22-01-21Avondklok: Datacenters 24/7 bereikbaar en remote hands en brains mogelijk
- 30-11-20Mond- en neusmasker vanaf 1 december bij BIT verplicht
- 08-10-20Dringend advies dragen van mond- en neusmasker binnen de datacenters van BIT
- 03-09-20Dashboards voor load balancing en Jitsi beschikbaar in klantenportal
- 14-08-20Uitmarkt Ede | Online op vrijdag 28 augustus
BIT takes another step in sustainability
At the end of 2017, two new drycoolers were installed. That means that we took another step with the sustainability of our data centers. It is one of the many green initiatives that BIT applies and, of course, we are proud of that. Using drycoolers saves a lot of energy, since they use significantly less power than cooling machines. This is not just good for the environment, but also saves a lot of energy costs.
We can use the drycoolers to cool our data centers with an outside temperature up to 14 degrees. The outside air blows through these drycoolers and that cools the water that is pumped through them. The Netherland has a perfect climate for these drycoolers so the use of the conventional cooling machines can be decreased very significantly.
A lower PUE
The plans for this whole process were made at the start of 2017. At the end of the summer, we started installing the pipes and the drycoolers (with a length of 14 metres and a capacity of 715kW each) were placed on the newly built NSA building. This setup provides the free cooling for a total of 1.400 kW for a large part of the year and/or a precooling for the cooling machines. Thanks to the new drycoolers, we have managed to significantly reduce the PUE; from 1,35 to 1,22 PUE.
By: Peter van Wijk