- 30-11-20Mond- en neusmasker vanaf 1 december bij BIT verplicht
- 08-10-20Dringend advies dragen van mond- en neusmasker binnen de datacenters van BIT
- 03-09-20Dashboards voor load balancing en Jitsi beschikbaar in klantenportal
- 14-08-20Uitmarkt Ede | Online op vrijdag 28 augustus
- 11-08-20SLA Addendum Colocatie BIT-1 en BIT-2 gewijzigd
- 04-08-20BIT ondertekent intentieverklaring
- 30-06-20Aangepaste richtlijnen bij bezoek aan BIT
- 15-06-20Uw bijeenkomst of event organiseren in BIT-MeetMe
- 26-05-20Uptime datacenter BIT cruciaal voor kwaliteit van diensten Missing Piece
- 30-04-20Sensing Clues redt wilde dieren mede dankzij uptime datacenter BIT
Cisco switches for new connections between BIT data centers
Behind the scenes, we have been working on a number of technical adaptations for months now. For example, you could read about the increases in our network capacity and availability with the new Arista switches and about the implementation of new firewalls. The latest adaptation is the upgrade of our ring switches for 1Gbit/s connections between BIT-1 and BIT-2A and between BIT-1 and BIT-2BCD.
For this upgrade we have installed the Cisco switches again. Before, these were active as 10Gbit/s aggregate switches. The aggregate switches had had quite a lot of capacity left, which is why they can now serve as ring switches for connections between BIT-1 and BIT-2. The ring switches provide a reliable ethernet connection between BIT-1 and BIT-2A and between BIT-1 and BIT-2BCD. Both connections are fully dependent on our core and access network.
Always online with redundancy
This extra copper connections is primarily suited for clients that have equipment on both locations because of technical network options or because they use their other port on a pay-by-use basis. In addition, the connection is also redundant now. In case of failure in the primary route, data can still be sent to the secondary connection between both locations. Our clients will not have to worry about the transmission of data on fibre optics on (for the client) relatively long distances or about incidental failures. It is a managed service. Connection down? We will pick it up immediately and undertake action. For unlit connections (dark fibre) you have to ensure the redundancy yourself, like two fibre pairs and a failover.
Unlimited bandwidth for a fixed monthly fee
The connection between BIT-1 and BIT-2A is 2 x 10Gbit/s. One path runs over the eastern ring and one over the western ring (geographically separated). The other connection (also 2 x 10Gbit/s) between BIT-1 and BIT-2B is also geographically separated over the eastern and western ring. The switch in BIT-2B server our clients that have equipment in BIT-2BCD.
Another big advantage of our ring network is that we do not bill on use. Our clients pay a fixed monthly fee, despite the amount of traffic that passes on the rings. This way, it is easy to use equipment that is located in two data centers, without high costs and have them communicate with each other at high speeds.